Florida's Gateway to Aviation
Lakeland Linder Regional Airport is Florida's gateway to aviation playing host to the Aerospace Center for Excellence, the Central Florida Aerospace Academy (CFAA), Travis Career Center's A&P Program, Polk State College Aerospace, and four flight schools.
Working with organizations such as SUN 'n FUN, the Polk Aviation Alliance, and JetBlue Lakeland Linder Regional Airport is Florida's hub for aerospace education producing tomorrow's aviators, engineers, administrators, and enthusiasts.
Did You Know?
- Over 250 students attend the Central Florida Aerospace Academy located at Lakeland Linder Regional Airport.
- Over 140 students attend Destination Aviation an aerospace discovery camp held on the campus of SUN 'n FUN every summer.
- Polk State College is the only Florida public college to offer a Bachelors Degree in Aerospace.
- The Lakeland Aero Club (High School Flying Club) restored a 1953 Piper Cub and flew it cross country to Airventure 2015 in Oshkosh, WI!
- 51 CFAA students have received their Private Pilots Licences and over 20 have soloed prior to graduation.
- The Lakeland Airport has an internship program allowing college students to experience first hand what it takes to manage an Airport.
- CFAA students who chose the Airframe & Powerplant track have the opportunity to graduate with their A&P Licence.
- Over 1,000 Boy and Girl Scouts attend the Aerospace Discovery Weekend at SUN 'n FUN a 3 day encampment that highlights STEM learning activities.
Meet Our Partners