One Choice Close to it All!
Situated in the heart of Florida along the I-4 corridor LAL is midway between Tampa and Orlando, with easy access to I-4 via the Polk Parkway. The Lakeland Airport is owned and operated by the City of Lakeland, which is governed by a seven-member board (the Mayor of the City of Lakeland, and six other members who are elected by the constituency). The Airport is managed by the Airport Director who reports to the City Manager.
- Home to Sun 'n Fun Fly-In, Central Florida Aerospace Academy, and Polk State College Aerospace
- Economic impact to the region is over $284 Million
- 1742 Acres and 1 Million square feet of facilities
- 8,500 foot runway
- Over 250 acres available for development
- 75 Businesses and Organizations employ over 1000 people
- Over 115,000 Aircraft Operations a year
- Over 230 Based Aircraft
- Over $65 Million in Airport Improvements over the Last 5 years
- FAA Part 139 Certificated Airport
- Aircraft Rescue Firefighting (ARFF) Index B Services, Index C Services available on Request
- Air Service
- U.S. Customs (3rd Quarter of 2017)
- Increased MRO Activity
- International Air Cargo
- Increased Military and GA Operations
- Educational Opportunities
- Airport Re-branding
For information on the history of the Lakeland Airport and aviation in the City of Lakeland please visit the Lakeland Public Library's Special Collections page here.